Monday, October 17, 2011

D is for...Dinette!






























Food: 4
Service: 3
Atmosphere: 4
Price: ~$75 for 2
Recommended: Yes! I would like to try this place again soon.
Cuisine: European



Wow! What a delicious treat. This tucked away Capitol Hill charm was a place we would both want to go back to. Though the plates appear small at first, the dishes are hearty and have a comfort-food quality that I really liked a lot.

We started out with a shared appetizer called Frittata toast. It is artisan bread topped with thin-sliced egg crepes, frisse and white truffle oil. You could definitely taste the truffle oil but it wasn't too overbearing. I thought it complimented the mild (but yummy) egg crepes very well.
Christen had a warm salad topped with halibut. I can't remember the name of the dish and it seems to have slipped off the menu, but she liked it!

I really enjoyed my Pannochie (recommended by our waitress), which I had never had before. I would describe it as a delicate and flavorful lasagna - loved it. Peas and Carrots were mixed in for a great touch.

We decided to stick around for some dessert while we were at it and chose the Goat Cheese and Ricotta Tart filled with lemon creme rhubarb tart.

All in all, I would definitely go back here. While I was skeptical of the menu when we got there (didn't recognize much at all), after trying the waitress's recommendations, I was totally pleased. The atmosphere was adorable. My only complaint is the tables and chairs were small and not incredibly comfortable.

Post-script: I hear they are also known for their cocktails, so be sure to check those out!

No comments:

Post a Comment